Newer operating systems including Microsoft Windows Vista and 7 as well as Mac OS X 10.5 and up support connecting directly to WebDAV folders. This folder view can be used to modify files in your Y drive. This is an alternative to accessing your Y Drive via the web interface.
The format for this path is https://home.westport.k12.ct.us:10443/<username>.
1. Open My Computer
2. Select map network drive
3. On the Map Network Drive screen choose any letter for Drive: then enter the path to your location for the folder. The folder path is referenced above, and looks like https://home.westport.k12.ct.us:10443/<username>
4. Select finish and you will be prompted to enter your username and password, in this case do not enter WPS0\ before your username. Once connected you will see a network location for this under My Computer.
1. Select Go>Connect to server or the Command key + k.
2. In the connect to server box enter the path in the Server Address as referenced above which looks like: https://home.westport.k12.ct.us:10443/<username>
3. Select Connect, you will be prompted to enter your username and password, in this case do not enter WPS0\ before your username. A window should pop up with the contents of this location.
It has been noted in Windows 7 that disabling “Automatically detect settings” in Internet Explorer will speed up the connection process. This setting can be found under Tools>Option -- Connections Tab – LAN Settings.
Help Resources >